April. Warm weather (occasionally). Friends. Spinning world. Busy life. Links for you.
1.Did you ever want to know what other title ideas S.E. Hinton had while writing The Outsiders? Wonder no longer.
2. This photo essay on present-day Casablanca is vivid, colourful, and full of life. It tells so many stories about the people who live there.
3. With my job, you often have to cover behaviour that’s utterly reprehensible, utterly despicable. This story about the worst kind of police misconduct is one of those times.
4. Photographer Even Tryggstrand (@eventyr) makes his native Norway look like a place that belongs inside a fairy tale rather than in this miserable world. I want to go there, now.
5. Canadian literature queen Margaret Atwood was profiled in The New Yorker! This is truly the time to reread that and The Handmaid’s Tale.
6. Christian Louboutin released a pair of “unicorn skin” ankle booties and, my oh my, am I enthralled.
7. I watched Lion while on a plane that traversed the continent and felt absolutely all of the emotions.
8. I, too, had a Unicorn Frappuccino this week. It certainly contributed to the national conversation on food excess — but certainly did not live up to expectations.
9. I ate this savoury waffle at Vancouver’s Scandilicious on Sunday and have been thinking about it ever since. We all need some salmon and hollandaise in our lives.